In Acts 1:8, Jesus tells us to "be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
At Cross Pointe, this verse illustrates the scope of our missions. Cross Pointe works through the Cooperative Program, the International Mission Board, the North American Mission Board, and other local ministries to help engage our people to bring the gospel to our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth.
We do this in a number of ways:
1) We reach our Jerusalem through teaching our people how to share their faith to their family and friends who do not yet know Jesus. We encourage them to invite their neighbors and co-workers to church, and we offer events where they will feel welcomed and engaged.
2) We reach our Judea through community events, such as Fall Festival, Easter Egg Extravaganza, Thanksgiving Baskets, and special community-wide services.
3) We reach our Samaria through our international student ministry and Mission Ocala, and we are always looking for more ways to reach those in our area who are culturally different from us and who need Jesus.
4) We reach the ends of the earth through cooperating with the International Mission Board and North American Mission Board in church planting movements, i.e., helping develop churches that produce churches. We are currently partnering with new church plants in Atlanta and are actively helping to plant churches in Berlin and to the Temascaltepec Nahuatl people of central Mexico.
5) We also communicate with and pray for missionaries with Cross Pointe connections. We often get to host them to hear how God is using them on the mission field.